Acworth is a town in Sullivan County, New Hampshire. Its population at the 2010 census was 891. It was initially named as Burnet, the former governor of Massachusetts Bay. It was then renamed as Acworth in 1766, after Sir Jacob Acworth, an English admiral. It was incorporated in 1772.
Agriculture has historically been the primary occupation of the state. The nearby Cold River provided water power for industry, including 5 sawmills, a gristmill, a woolen factory, a bobbin factory and a peg factory. Crystals such as beryl are found here, often of museum quality.
The Cold River drains the town, which lies within the Connecticut River watershed.