Allenton is an unincorporated community in Berlin Township, St. Clair County, Michigan. The township population at the 2000 census was 3,162.
The community is situated about 5 miles south of exit 176 off Interstate 69. It was founded in 1844, and was initially called Smith's Corners. Later, it was renamed Allenton in March 1910 for Darius and Jesse Allen, who were civic leaders in the community.