Alvaton is an unincorporated village located in the U.S. state of Georgia. It is within Meriwether County was named next to Alva McCrary. It started when the Atlanta, Birmingham and Atlantic Railroad was reached to that point. It coordinates at 33°10′15″N 84°34′50″W. In 1911, Alvaton was incorporated as a town by the Georgia General Assembly and discontinued in 1995. A post office was built in 1908.