Anson is a town in Somerset County, Maine. The villages of Anson and North Anson are included within the town limits. Its population at the 2000 census was 2,583. The town was once Native American territory. It was incorporated on March 1, 1798, and named after Lord George Anson.
The abandoned Pan Am Railways spur here was reopened in 2007, and the first train ran the length of the line for the first time in twenty years.
The town population predominantly comprises White Americans.