Aragon is an unincorporated community on the Tularosa River in Catron County, New Mexico. It is situated at an altitude of 7,135 feet. It is about seven miles northeast of Apache Creek.
Aragon is on the site of former Fort Tularosa. It was built in 1870 to protect the Apache Indian Agency from the Ojo Caliente Band of Apaches. The fort was abandoned when the tribe was moved back to the Ojo Caliente reservation in 1874. It was was rebuilt in 1880 by Buffalo Soldiers led by Sergeant George Jordan, who eventually received the Medal of Honor for leading 25 men to repulse a force of more than 100 Indians in the Battle of Fort Tularosa. The only remnant of the fort now is a burial ground for soldiers who served in the Arizona Territory.
Clean Energy Fund will advance solar, wind, energy efficiency and other clean tech industries to spur economic development and reduce harmful emissions (New York, NY) Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the New York State Public Service Commission’s approval of a 10-year, $5 billion Clean Energy Fund to accelerate the growth of New York’s clean energy economy, address climate change,..