Bradford is a town in Merrimack County, New Hampshire. Its population at the 2010 census was 1,650. The main village is located west of the junction of New Hampshire routes 103 and 114, and is a Census Designated Place. The villages of Bradford Center and Melvin Mills are also included within the town.
The major part of the town is in a valley with varied soil. The numerous streams present here provided power for establishment of mills. By the mid-nineteenth century, operational industries included one woolen mill, one sash, blind and door factory, one wheelwright shop, two sawmills, one gristmill, one tannery, and one clothing mill. The Concord & Claremont Railroad opened from Concord to Bradford in 1950, which would remain its terminus until the line was extended to Claremont in 1871-1872.
Tourism is a popular activity here. It has one covered bridge, the Bement Covered Bridge, built 1854. Other commercial activities include sales, production and transport of materials, management and finance, and professional services.