Casa Grande (Spanish for Big House) is a city in Pinal County, about halfway between Phoenix and Tucson in Arizona state. The population of the city is 48,571, according to 2010 Census. It is named after the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument, which is actually located in Coolidge. The town was founded in 1879 during the Arizona mining boom and became Incorporated in 1915.
The economy of Casa Grande was originally based on rural, agricultural industries such as cotton and dairy farms. Over the course of time, the city has become home to many Phoenix or Tucson urbanites who own homes in Casa Grande. An outlet mall named the Promenade operates in the southern part of the city.