- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
Gynecologists & Obstetricians in Chandler
Below is a list of businesses listed within our directory. If you do not see your business within the list below, you can submit it for addition to this list. Adding your business will feature your listing above Standard listings.
New Horizons Women's Care - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (602) 832-7896
Eddy Steven A Ob Gyn MD - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 899-3000
Goodman Clifford J Jr MD Ob Gyn - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 821-3600
International Center for Vasect Reversal-Arizona - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 839-4993
Kells David Ob-Gyn PC MD - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 855-5900
Marotz Robert DO - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 895-9555
Reynolds Courtney MD - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 963-7900
Starkey Karen MD - Chandler, AZ - Phone: (480) 857-7100
Helpful Definition for: Gynecologists & Obstetricians
Gynecologists & obstetricians, in Chandler, are the two surgical–medical specialists who deal with the problems concerning female reproductive systems in their non-pregnant and pregnant state, respectively. While a gynecologist treats a patient for fertility & conception-related problems, obstetricians are consulted regarding the problems faced during pregnancy & child-birth. In most cases the professions merge i.e. same specialist is found to perform both the roles.
Gynecologists & obstetricians in Chandler need to be specially trained in the following categories:
1. Maternal-fetal medicine or perinatology — an obstetrician specializes in the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the fetus to reduce its morbidity and mortality.
2. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility — a gynecologist focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility.
2. Gynecological oncology — a gynecologist is trained to perform the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs.
4. Urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery — a gynecologist also specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
5. Family planning — a gynecologist receives training in contraception and artificial pregnancy termination (abortion).
6. Advanced laparoscopic surgery.
7. Paediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
8. Menopausal and geriatric gynecology.
The Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) have recognized only the first four specializations of those mentioned above, while the rest are considered to be informal concentrations of practice. Gynecologists or obstetricians in Chandler must complete an ACGME-accredited fellowship and receive Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) to receive recognition as a board-certified specialist.
Recent News from the Green Blog
By: Lee Ann Rush Those ubiquitous, multi-flavored individual coffee servings sold in plastic pods known as Keurig K-Cups might have been a clever and novel idea at first, but they are quickly becoming an environmental disaster. In 2014, billions of plastic K-Cups were sold; enough to circle the earth more than 10 times! As bad as that sounds, it gets..