Dover Air Force Base or Dover AFB (IATA: DOV, ICAO: KDOV, FAA LID: DOV) is a United States Air Force base located two miles southeast of the city of Dover, Delaware.
Construction of Municipal Airport, Dover Airdrome began in March 1941 and the facility was opened on December 17, 1941. It was converted to an Army Air Corps airfield just weeks after the December 7, 1941 attack on Pearl Harbor. Its name was changed a few times, with the current name being adopted on January 13, 1948.
Hangar 1301 at Dover Air Force Base is home to the Air Mobility Command museum.
The air traffic tower serving the airfield, built in 1955, was the oldest such tower in use in the United States Air Force by 2008.