Hazel Green is an unincorporated village in the U.S. state of Alabama. It is within Madison County and was named by Andrew Jackson on the grounds that the hazel brambles along the street were of a dynamic green shading. In mid 19th century, there were several farmers from Georgia and the Carolina states moved to Hazel Green in the wake of finding that the zone had a portion of the wealthiest soil in the Southeast. Hazel Green has its own post office located in southeast corner of the crossing point now known as Hwy. 231-431 and Joe Quick Road. A few food merchants and rest stops were worked along this crossing point, too. It turned into a clamoring group and joined into a town on June 15, 1821 by a demonstration of the state lawmaking body with a population of roughly 400. At the time, Hazel Green was a little, country group that filled in as a junction.