The city of Klawock is located in the U.S. state of Alaska. It is part of the Wales-Hyder Census Area on the west coast of Prince of Wales Island approximately 56 miles from Ketchikan. Klawock coordinates at 55°33′18″N 133°05′07″W with an elevation of 79 feet. It is the site of the first salmon cannery in Alaska. The first settlers were from the northern winter village of Tuxekan, the Tlingit. Klawock was founded in 1868 and became incorporated on October 29, 1929. As of 2010 census data, the city of Klawock had a total population of 755 people. The population density was 810.59/sq mi. Zip code is 99925.