Sugar Land Women's Care - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (713) 578-3823
Amaro Michael A MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 491-0500
Bahar Valerie T MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 565-3450
Chudacoff Obstetrics and Gynecology - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 277-3900
Condit Margaret L MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 494-4224
Dailey Harold I MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 491-1177
Nelson Valerie K MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 565-7878
Nguyen Cuong MD - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 313-1193
Woman's Place-The Sugar Land - Sugar Land, TX - Phone: (281) 242-0767
Gynecologists & obstetricians, in Sugar Land, are the two surgical–medical specialists who deal with the problems concerning female reproductive systems in their non-pregnant and pregnant state, respectively. While a gynecologist treats a patient for fertility & conception-related problems, obstetricians are consulted regarding the problems faced during pregnancy & child-birth. In most cases the professions merge i.e. same specialist is found to perform both the roles.
Gynecologists & obstetricians in Sugar Land need to be specially trained in the following categories:
1. Maternal-fetal medicine or perinatology — an obstetrician specializes in the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the fetus to reduce its morbidity and mortality.
2. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility — a gynecologist focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility.
2. Gynecological oncology — a gynecologist is trained to perform the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs.
4. Urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery — a gynecologist also specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
5. Family planning — a gynecologist receives training in contraception and artificial pregnancy termination (abortion).
6. Advanced laparoscopic surgery.
7. Paediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
8. Menopausal and geriatric gynecology.
The Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) have recognized only the first four specializations of those mentioned above, while the rest are considered to be informal concentrations of practice. Gynecologists or obstetricians in Sugar Land must complete an ACGME-accredited fellowship and receive Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) to receive recognition as a board-certified specialist.
Governor Cuomo’s K-Solar Program Increases Use of Renewable Energy in Schools (New York, NY) Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the New York Institute for Special Education in the Bronx will be the site of the state’s first solar schools project and will have solar panel arrays installed thanks to a power purchase agreement with SolarCity. This public-private partnership is..