- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
Gynecologists & Obstetricians in Valparaiso
Below is a list of businesses listed within our directory. If you do not see your business within the list below, you can submit it for addition to this list. Adding your business will feature your listing above Standard listings.
Bernadette Obmaces MD - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 286-3765
Christopher Wirsing DO FACOOG - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 286-3775
Robert Chen MD - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 464-2123
Snezana Zubic MD - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 464-2123
Thomas Devine MD - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 464-2123
Wallace Sherritt DO - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 286-3775
Abortion Alternatives - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 462-3502
Christian Care Counseling Center - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 465-7777
Kobak Alfred J Facog - Valparaiso OFC - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 462-6144
Ratnayake Tikiri MD Inc - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 464-3696
Sacris Maria O Facog - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 462-4042
St Anthony-Valparaiso Center - Laboratory Radiology Mammography- Physician's Office Ce - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 531-5040
The Women's Center of Northwest Indiana - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 477-4460
Women's Wellness Center The - Valparaiso, IN - Phone: (219) 531-0200
Helpful Definition for: Gynecologists & Obstetricians
Gynecologists & obstetricians, in Valparaiso, are the two surgical–medical specialists who deal with the problems concerning female reproductive systems in their non-pregnant and pregnant state, respectively. While a gynecologist treats a patient for fertility & conception-related problems, obstetricians are consulted regarding the problems faced during pregnancy & child-birth. In most cases the professions merge i.e. same specialist is found to perform both the roles.
Gynecologists & obstetricians in Valparaiso need to be specially trained in the following categories:
1. Maternal-fetal medicine or perinatology — an obstetrician specializes in the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the fetus to reduce its morbidity and mortality.
2. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility — a gynecologist focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility.
2. Gynecological oncology — a gynecologist is trained to perform the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs.
4. Urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery — a gynecologist also specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
5. Family planning — a gynecologist receives training in contraception and artificial pregnancy termination (abortion).
6. Advanced laparoscopic surgery.
7. Paediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
8. Menopausal and geriatric gynecology.
The Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) have recognized only the first four specializations of those mentioned above, while the rest are considered to be informal concentrations of practice. Gynecologists or obstetricians in Valparaiso must complete an ACGME-accredited fellowship and receive Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) to receive recognition as a board-certified specialist.
Recent News from the Green Blog
Each year as a tradition to myself and this green movement website, I write on the events of Earth Day (April 22nd) this year is no exception. I will focus more on some new ideas and representations of our planet Earth. The symbols of Earth Day have been similar throughout the years, including an image or drawing of the Earth..