Peter A Bryce MD - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: (703) 239-4127
Adler Alf K MD - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 680-5327
Chambers Zerline MD PC - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 497-2710
Dale City Women's Medical Center - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 680-5714
Fairfax Ob Gyn Associates PC - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 690-2295
Giammittorio David C MD - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 491-1122
Heritage Douglas E MD FACOG - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 491-7155
Khachikian Grigor - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 551-4656
Khachikian Grigor MD - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 494-0774
Lake Ridge Ob Gyn - Woodbridge, VA - Phone: 1 (703) 878-2122
Gynecologists & obstetricians, in Woodbridge, are the two surgical–medical specialists who deal with the problems concerning female reproductive systems in their non-pregnant and pregnant state, respectively. While a gynecologist treats a patient for fertility & conception-related problems, obstetricians are consulted regarding the problems faced during pregnancy & child-birth. In most cases the professions merge i.e. same specialist is found to perform both the roles.
Gynecologists & obstetricians in Woodbridge need to be specially trained in the following categories:
1. Maternal-fetal medicine or perinatology — an obstetrician specializes in the medical and surgical management of high-risk pregnancies and surgery on the fetus to reduce its morbidity and mortality.
2. Reproductive endocrinology and infertility — a gynecologist focuses on the biological causes and interventional treatment of infertility.
2. Gynecological oncology — a gynecologist is trained to perform the medical and surgical treatment of women with cancers of the reproductive organs.
4. Urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery — a gynecologist also specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of women with urinary incontinence and prolapse of the pelvic organs.
5. Family planning — a gynecologist receives training in contraception and artificial pregnancy termination (abortion).
6. Advanced laparoscopic surgery.
7. Paediatric and Adolescent Gynecology.
8. Menopausal and geriatric gynecology.
The Accredited Council of Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG) have recognized only the first four specializations of those mentioned above, while the rest are considered to be informal concentrations of practice. Gynecologists or obstetricians in Woodbridge must complete an ACGME-accredited fellowship and receive Certificate of Added Qualifications (CAQ) to receive recognition as a board-certified specialist.