This policy was last updated on August 23, 2013
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials
(information or software) on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s web site for personal,
non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license,
not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s web site are provided "as is". YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Yellow Pages Directory Inc. is not YellowPages.com and not affiliated with YP.com in any capacity. Yellow Pages Directory Inc and it's affiliate web sites are Incorporated in the State of New York. All payments done through PayPal, please review their terms of service. Copyright © Yellow Pages Directory Inc. (Yellow Pages Goes Green) Patent & Trademark Reg No. 4,398,823.
- By submitting or posting content on any area of the Yellow Pages Directory Inc., website you automatically grant as well as represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Yellow Pages Directory Inc. an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information and content. Yellow Pages Directory Inc. has the right to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
You acknowledge that Yellow Pages Directory Inc. may or may not pre-screen content, but that Yellow Pages Directory Inc. and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Yellow Pages Directory Inc. and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. In this regard, you acknowledge that you may not rely on any content created by Yellow Pages Directory Inc. or submitted to Yellow Pages Directory Inc. including without limitation information on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org and in all other parts of the Service.
In no event shall YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s Internet site, even if YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) or a YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you. Yellow Pages Directory Inc. and its designees have the right in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any content that is available via the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, Yellow Pages Directory Inc. and its designees shall have the right to remove any content that violates the Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.) of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to YellowPagesGoesGreen.org (Yellow Pages Directory Inc.)'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
10. Submission of Listings
Listings added to the directory should be quality listings that add value to the directory. Businesses which have one or more of the following criteria should not be submitted:
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing information on illegal firearms, explosives, or weapons.
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing information or items that are indecent or obscene, that are hateful or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable, that contain pornography, that are otherwise pornographic in nature.
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing information for items that are counterfeit or stolen.
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing goods or services that do not, in fact, exist.
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing items that violate or infringe the rights of other parties.
- Any business selling or otherwise distributing items they do not have the legal right to sell.
Listing titles should be acurate, and factual. Use your offical business address registered with your county or state. Do not submit fictional addresses to appear that your business services a particular area which in reality you do not.
YELLOW PAGES DIRECTORY INC., IN THEIR SOLE AND FINAL JUDGMENT, SHALL DETERMINE THE SUITABILITY OF ALL BUSINESS LISTINGS. SUBMISSION OR PAYMENT DOES NOT NECESSARILY ENSURE YOUR LISTING WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR INCLUSION IN THE DIRECTORY. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OBLIGATES YELLOW PAGES DIRECTORY INC TO LIST, ACCEPT OR OTHERWISE HOST YOUR LISTING ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE. DETERMINATION FOR ALL LISTINGS IS MADE BY YELLOW PAGES DIRECTORY INC. IN ADDITION, IF YOUR LISTING IS ACCEPTED, NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT OBLIGATES YELLOW PAGES DIRECTORY INC TO KEEP OR PLACE YOUR LISTING WITHIN A SPECIFIC CATEGORY OR SUBCATEGORY OF THE DIRECTORY, OR TO PROVIDE ANY COMMENTS OR ANNOTATIONS WITH THE LISTING OF YOUR SITE.
The comments sections has been designed so that, if the user so chooses, they can remain completely anonymous. In order to make our comments useful and appropriate, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular area where the comment is being posted.
- We will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments.
Please note that once you post a comment to our site, it becomes public conversation. Our policy is that we will not remove a user's comments unless we deem them to be in violation of our Terms of Service. So if you want to say something that you will later regret personally, it is advisable that you do not post. We cannot remove your comments simply because you have a change of heart about making them. However, we reserve the right to remove comments entirely at our discretion, including for alleged violations of terms of service or legal rights.
Please note that you are directly responsible for the content you post. According to Title 47 of Chapter 5, Subchapter II, Part I, of § 230 (Protection for private blocking and screening of offensive material) It is the policy of the United States that no provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider. The term "information content provider" means YOU or any person or entity that is responsible for the creation or development of information provided through the Internet or any other interactive computer service.
- Before or at the time of collecting Personally Identifiable Information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use Personally Identifiable Information solely with the objective of fulfilling those services specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personally Identifiable Information should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect Personally Identifiable Information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personally Identifiable Information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information is protected and maintained.
White Pages Data
The Personally Identifiable Information available on WhitePagesGoesGreen.org is derived from Public Records Publicly Available Information and Commercial Records. Public Records consist of information that is maintained by government agencies and is generally available. Publicly Available Information consists of online and offline information that is generally available but is not maintained such as names, addresses and telephone numbers of individuals and businesses, professional licensing and trade organization information, press releases and newspaper articles. Commercial Records consist of records maintained by enterprises that are available for purchase, such as mailing and telemarketing lists, phone connect and disconnect information, and business profile data.
If you feel that information is inaccurate, or should not be listed:
- Have your phone number unpublished, please contact your local telephone company.
- Have your listing edited (service fee applies for making your requested changes), or
- Have your listing removed. Please follow the instructions provided, we will remove your listing.
We collect information from the devices and networks that you use to access our web site. This information helps us improve and secure our Services. When you visit our web site, we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came from or the one to which you are directed. Advertisers also receive the URL of the page that you are on when you click on an ad. In addition, we receive the internet protocol ("IP") address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system, the type of web browser you are using, or your mobile device and/or mobile operating system and the name of your ISP or carrier. Some parts of our service will display publicly a visitor IP Address, temporarily, or for a limited period of time. An IP address only identifies a location, wireless router or other networking device, at which any number of Internet-connected devices may be located.
Third Party Cookies
The Google AdSense network is a family-friendly advertising network, which means that publishers like Yellow Pages Directory Inc. aren't permitted to place Google ads on pages which contain adult content. Here are some examples of unacceptable content:
- Pornography, adult or mature content
- Violent content
- Content related to racial intolerance or advocacy against any individual, group or organisation
- Excessive profanity
- Hacking/cracking content
- Gambling or casino-related content
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia content
- Sales of beer or hard alcohol
- Sales of tobacco or tobacco-related products
- Sales of prescription drugs
- Sales of weapons or ammunition (e.g. firearms, firearm components, fighting knives, stun guns)
- Sales of products that are replicas or imitations of designer or other goods
- Sales or distribution of coursework or student essays
- Content regarding programs which compensate users for clicking ads or offers, performing searches, surfing websites or reading emails
- Any other content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity or infringes on the legal rights of others
If your business name or information contains words or content related to the above topics, you won't be permitted to advertise within our network or on our web site.